Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Baby Scarf/Hood with Pocket (finished)


It's done baby! Nothing feels better than finishing a project and liking the outcome! Overall, I am very pleased. There are some things I could have done better (see post below), but nothing too noticeable. So.... What do you think?

My lovely Model: Baby Axel.








As you can see, he has a bit of growing into it to do. And if you ever feel lukewarm about any of your projects, just drape it over a cute kid and you'll feel instantly better about it.









I included a few of my three year old Daughter modeling it so it shows more of what it is supposed to look like, and I guess that means that Axel will be able to use it for at least three if not more years!

Specs
Pattern: Scarf With Pocket from Baby Knits for Beginners by Debbie Bliss
Yarn: Cotton Ease by Lion Brand in Stone (body) and Charcoal (pocket inside) (not the recommended yarn)
Needles: size 7 straight (not the recommended needle size)

5 comments:

Jonathan said...

I don't know about that scarfs, but man those models are beautiful

Becky said...

ali, this turned out so nice! i love it. if you draw me for Christmas this is what i want :)

Erin said...

Looks great Ali! I love it and am proud for your knitterly adventures. Pretty cute kids too. :)

Sarah said...

That is so cute, Ali! Great job.

Missy said...

Very cute and should last until he is sixteen! Why did you choose the Lion Brand yarn over Cashmerino? I find it difficult to substitute her yarns.