Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Ruffle Cravat (finished)




I just finished this Ruffle Cravat found in my new favorite book One Skein (Skein= ball of yarn). Basically all of the projects in this book are designed to use one ball of yarn and work up really quickly. This Cravat lived up to it's promise, it was very quick to make, and really quite fun! In fact, I am thinking of making another.






It is Crocheted, and it took me a few tries to get in the groove of the pattern, I kept over thinking it. Crocheting is an interesting thing because it has the built-in possibility of looking homey and hippy-ish, but some projects are quite nice and if you use a quality yarn, you can get a quality garment (or whatever it is that you are making). The fun part about crocheting is that it is generally pretty fast. I ended up using a smaller sized hook because I did the first motif with the recommended size and it was as big as a pot holder! Yikes. I like the smaller more petite version.

Anyhow, what do you think?

Specs 
Pattern: Ruffle Cravat from One Skein by Leigh Radford
Yarn: 100% alpaca chunky weight (Lost the label, sorry)
Hook: size H (not recommended size)

3 comments:

ABlack said...

I'm so glad I now know what a cravat is. =) It is so cute, I love it!

Erin said...

Super cute Ali! I like it a lot.

Kara said...

Oh, I love, love, love that!