Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Airy Scarf (finished)



My little in between project!

And my very first lace knit. I have to admit, it was a bit more challenging than I thought it would be because it turns out, mohair is a huge pain to knit with. I also had blunt end needles that would NOT pick up the stitches! I practically had to lift each one on by hand. Grr.

Anyway, a good introduction to lace for me. And it turns out that I really like it, I just have to be careful because I've snagged it three times already (actually I think one of those times was my cat because there were incriminating paw marks on the towel that I used for blocking).























Specs
Pattern: Airy Scarf in Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson
Yarn: Kid Seta by Madil (Kid mohair)
Needle size: 11 (not the recommended size)

8 comments:

Erin said...

Love it! I knit this one too--must remember to wear it.

Becky said...

goll. (yes i said goll)

i don't check my RSS feed for a few days and BAM! you have like a gazillion new and amazing projects up!

I am thinking about the knit along...i am so challenged when it comes to stuff like that but i really really want to learn. :) Ali, this scarf above is so gorgeous. Please wear it to church!

Adam said he loved the profile shot!

miss ya and can't wait to see you soon!

i am loving this new blog...you are so talented. and i can just feel your enthusiasm coming from its pages.

Shanna said...

Wow, that is really beautiful. Good job sticking it out when it got to be annoying. :)

Kara said...

I love the Airy scarf. It is such a lovely knit. And yours is so divine!

Adam and Lisa said...

Looks awesome! And when you wear it, you can tell everyone you made it - that is really cool!

Sarah said...

I love it! It is so beautiful.

Natalie said...

That is the most beautiful thing that i have ever seen. Seriously. I love it!

ABlack said...

I agree with everyone. It is truly beautiful! Great job