Sunday, January 11, 2009

Baby's Denim Drawstring Pants + Baby Hat (finished)






They survived the move, and they are finished! Moving in the middle of a project is not so easy.

I love these little pants. So much, in fact, that it was a little hard (emotionally) to put them on my baby. I don't know how the rest of you crafters are, but for me, there is a certain amount of letting go that must happen after I finish each project--especially those that are given away. It's just hard to see your beloved project get stretched out, peed on, and drooled on or thrown on the floor, etc. after you have poured your heart and soul into each precious little stitch. But the irony is that you also really want it to be worn and enjoyed over and over again, otherwise what was the point? It's a fun little dichotomy of crafting!

I loved the yarn also, it shrunk and faded a bit in the wash (the pattern made account for this), and it looks great!

Honestly, I would love to have a whole closet full of these little pants... if only I didn't have a million other things I want to make... But--I highly recommend them to anyone who knows a baby in need (or want)!

**and a big FAT Thank you to Erin of Girl Who Knits for helping me figure out the waistband!

As a bonus, I found a hat that I had started when my three-year old was a baby, and I was able to finish it for this baby, just in time for winter!

Baby's Denim Drawstring Pants
Specs:
Pattern: Baby's Denim Drawstring Pants in Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson
Yarn: Rowan Denim Yarn in 225 Nashville
Needles: Size 6 double pointed and round

Baby Hat Specs:
Pattern: My own design
Yarn: 100% bamboo, and I can't remember who makes it
Needles: Size 6 round

4 comments:

Kara said...

Awww!!! The cuteness!!! They are absolutely perfect!

Erin said...

Those pants are SO adorable! Someday I will make a pair of my own...well, not for me or anything, you know what I mean. You did a beautiful job with them.

I also love the hat too!

Andy and Jessica said...

I love those Ali, so cute! I really wish that I knew how to do that. You are so talented :-)

Natalie said...

those are SO fun! I love them. aNd Axel has done the impossible and gotten even cuter!