Monday, February 23, 2009

Knit-along Scarf (finished)

Well, I think my first knit-along was a horrible disaster, but at least I got to make a scarf that I like, right? If there are any of you out there that decide to make one, please send in your pictures at any time and I will totally post them!



I really like this scarf because it keeps my naked neck oh-so-warm (one of the pitfalls of cutting your hair extremely short is a cold neck). And if you haven't noticed, I've fallen in love with alpaca. So warm. So soft.

Specs
Pattern: found in Martha Stewart Living Magazine January 2009
Yarn: Misti Alpaca Chunky color #2050 (not the recommended yarn weight)
Needles: size 10 (not the recommended needle size)

5 comments:

liz said...

oh my goodness! i've been wanting to make this scarf - but am scared of the instructions. knitting -i just don't get it!

it looks great. good job!

Erin said...

I have a very similar scarf in my queue. Yours is making me want to cast on already.

- Tracy said...

Ali- I love this scarf and have to admit that it inspired me to knit my own. I like yours much better how did you alter the pattern?

ali said...

I omitted the slipped stitch on the side, and I used a chunky weight yarn and used the yarn's recommended needle size. Then, I just knitted to fit the same measurements as the pattern. That's the great thing about scarves, you can play around with the yarn and needle size without screwing up too much as long as you pay attention to the measurements...

Can you send me a picture of your scarf? I would LOVE to see it!!

Anonymous said...

madebyali.blogspot.com is very informative. The article is very professionally written. I enjoy reading madebyali.blogspot.com every day.
cash advance loan
bad credit loans