Monday, February 23, 2009

Sunday Brunch Jacket (finished)

Ah sewing. How I missed thee. We should never let a silly thing like moving ever get in the way of our relationship again. I can't tell you how difficult it was to have my sewing machines packed away like common appliances. But no matter, all of that is behind us now.

In all seriousness though, sewing should be sold illegally to teenagers in the streets because there is no high quite as high as sewing, nor addiction quite as addictive.

And, there is no motivation quite like that of a three year old constantly hanging under you begging you to "bake my jacket." Seriously, all I have to do is tell Greta I'm making her something and she won't drop the subject until it is finished.






How adorable are these buttons??


I love that this pattern suggested bias covered seam edges, I'm going to do that now whenever I don't want a lining. Sure it's a tad tedious going over each seam 5 times, but hey, that's sewing for ya.

9 comments:

liz said...

thanks for your comment on me and t!

i LOVE the jacket you made! what is the material? the buttons are darling too! the binding adds such a nice touch i think too. looks great!

Kara said...

SO DARLING!!! I feel like Greta should go eat a baguette in the park with that jacket.

Erin said...

It is so cute! I love it. And the buttons...sewing really is awesome.

brandi said...

such great scarflets and that jacket is darling, forgive me but i forgot where i posted on your blog and wanted to let you know our yarn art night is every 3rd fri of every month unless otherwise notified. i would love your e-mail in case you want to come sometime and need directions or just want to be part of the e-mail group for it as you never know when a feild-trip may occur, i don't know if leaving my e-mail on your blog is a good idea? if nat has yours maybe she'll forward you mine:)

arleneo said...

Cute, cute, cute, oh, and I like the jacket

ty and megs said...

i'm in love!! where did you get this pattern? and i'm in love with the button scarf.
must. learn. to knit.

ali said...

Thanks Meghan! I got the pattern from www.reprodepot.com but if you go straight to their website (click on the link under specs) they have more patterns that you can buy. Have fun, they are addictive!

Sarah said...

Seriously Ali, that is the cutest jacket I have ever seen. I am going right now to reprodepot.com to see if they have one in my size! :)

ali said...

Actually Oliver + s only makes kid patterns, shame huh? I wanted one too. But the good news is that they do make really great kids patterns!