Saturday, April 18, 2009

S-O-C-K-S! (finished)

I once heard that if you spell "Socks" out loud, you're saying a phrase in Spanish. I think it means "That is what it is" or something. Anyway, I can never think of the word "socks" without spelling it in my mind with a spanish accent. And now--neither will you.

But I digress...

My mom and I took a sock making class earlier this year and it was loads of fun. Socks are really fun to make--but I did find one thing about sock making a bit disparaging-- when you finish your "project" you realize that you aren't really finished until you turn around and repeat the whole process over again.



Other than that, I thought it was fun--especially turning the heel--I don't know why...

Specs:
Pattern: Knit to Fit Ankle or Calf Socks by Nancy Lindberg
Yarn: Trekking color 158
Needles: size 2

2 comments:

Erin said...

So cute! Socks are really fun. And of course...so is sock yarn!

Annalee said...

Man, don't disown me, but...I don't know how to knit! I tried to teach myself once, but failed miserably. The bag of yarn and needles are sitting in my "project" pile... Depressing really.