Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Rotary Cutters--a cautionary tale

So, I love my rotary cutter, but it doesn't always love me back. Really, it's kind of like having the untamed wild in your craft room--a rogue craft tool if you will.

I was cutting some fabric for a gift (I'll post that one later), and unbeknownst to me my thumb was sticking out of the edge of my ruler (aka no man's land for appendages). Zip went my rotary blade right through the fingernail and tip of my thumb. YIKES!



sharp little things they are!

I think I'm going to purchase one of those metal mesh gloves to use from now on...

3 comments:

ty and megs said...

yikes! darn that little cutter!

Erin said...

oh man, that is gross. I was going to buy one but now I am scared.

Erin Bassett said...

OUCH! Thankfully I haven't had that happen yet...knocking on wood.

http://erinbassett.typepad.com/