Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Lisa's Scarf (finished)

Lisa, my cousin, was one of the winners from this contest I had a while back and so far she is the only winner to tell me what she wanted which means she gets hers first.

Lisa told me she wanted a small scarf and for me to "surprise her."  So I designed this:



Originally I had something more flowery and ruffly in mind, but I thought more about it and I said to myself  "what would Lisa wear?"  So I looked on her family blog and noticed that she isn't a very frilly person.  She looks good in yellow, and I didn't see a flower or ruffle on the whole blog.

This scarf is a smaller and slightly varied version of This Lion Brand pattern that I've also wanted to make, and I have to say, I like it.  I hope you do too Lisa! And I know it's too hot to wear it now, but it'll give you a few months to play around with it and find out how you like to wear it before the colder weather sets in.  Email me if you are confused, and don't be afraid to stretch it or scrunch it or whatever you need to do to get it right.

For the rest of you winners, your gifts are just an email and a couple of months away (haha), so let me know what you want and I'll make it happen!


5 comments:

Lisa L. said...

YES! You rock!! You are right, I'm not a very frilly person at all. I am totally excited for the scarf and may just wear it when it is 100 degrees and 100% humidity, it's just that cute. When I get it I'll model and make Adam take pictures for the blog. AWESOME! You are the coolest cousin ever!

- Tracy said...

That looks so soft!! Lisa is a very lucky women.

Kara said...

Ooh, super cute! I love it.

Becky said...

love the yellows! :)

Lisa L. said...

I just got this in the mail today and I love it! Thanks again!!