Friday, August 21, 2009

Chococat Amigurumi (finished)

Chococat is my favorite Sanrio character. I adapted this from a Hello Kitty pattern that I bought on Etsy (just do a Hello Kitty amigurumi pattern search and pick your favorite).

Isn't he adorably mischevious? I have to admit, I'm not totally in love with the nose, I may have to redo it. It's surprising how you can create an entirely different look by just adjusting the facial features a tiny bit. If you look at the cartoon, you'll notice that my ami's nose is just a tiny bit north of where it should be and not exactly the same shape. Such are the pitfalls of embroidering with yarn on yarn... and lack of skill I guess...
















Okay, the nose is definitely bugging me now...

Specs:
Pattern: Adapted from a Hello Kitty pattern found on Etsy
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Rialto color 23005
Hook: size E

3 comments:

Erin said...

So cute!!! Oh Sanrio, they really know how to bring the cute.

Kara said...

Love those amigurumis! And this one looks just like Chococat!

Teri said...

i love these crocheted animals!! I just pain someone 15 each to get 3 for Madi. They are her favorite stuffed animals!! an elephant, bear and lion.. so cute! wish I could do it!