Monday, September 14, 2009

An Oath

I solemnly swear before all of you--my crafting witnesses--that I will not buy fabric for another quilt until I finish the six (yes, six) quilts that I already have fabric for.

I think I have discovered the most expensive hobby of all--quilting with new fabric.  I just spent $140 on fabric for a twin sized quilt, and it was only the top, not the backing or binding.  Yikes!  For someone used to spending $10 on some fabric for an article of clothing, this was a shocker.

Oh well, what's done is done.  Check out the quilt from American Jane, isn't it adorable?




And then after that, or in the meantime, I'd like to make a quilt out of my kids old baby clothes, and also a quilt out of my old t-shirts (it should be much cuter than it sounds, trust me).

6 comments:

Kara said...

Oh love that quilt! Believe me, the money spent on crafting gets the best of all of us sometimes.

Erin said...

Kara, my Mom and I went to a quilt show this weekend...amazing stuff. So now I have thoughts of quilting running through my head as well.

ali said...

oooo--we could have a quilting party! I'm just sayin!

Becky said...

love that quilt.

and i'm horrible at finishing projects. even when they are small. for some reason i whenever i buy a new one i think yeah...this will motivate me to finish my old ones...yeah right. :)

Annalee said...

Love that quilt! I saw that @ my moms quilt store.

I haven't gotten into that yet, because I can't afford it. But I do love to oogle over everyones projects. Some day!!

ali said...

testing...