Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Chili Chocolate Cookies (finished)

(She bakes?? Yes, she does.)

Two amazing things I have found over the last couple of months:

1. Martha Stewart's Cookie Cookbook


2. This blog about a delightful young woman that is cooking all of the cookies in the aforementioned cookbook

On this blog that I love so much, not long ago, was showcased Martha's Milk Chocolate Cookies. The blogger suggested that this would be a wonderful type of recipe to build upon, and she mentioned adding chili powder. I have not been able to think of anything else since then (cookie wise). I LOVE the combination of dark chocolate and chili with a hint of cinnamon. So I bravely altered this recipe to the utter delight of my palate.

And of course, I took pictures:



The scoop



Shh... don't be scared little drops of dough, it'll only hurt a little bit, and then you'll all be delicious cookies.







They're done, want a bite?



Now isn't your existence validated?


Follow the above link for the original recipe and then use my modifications.

My modifications:

*I used dark chili chocolate (courtesy of Lindt) instead of milk chocolate (it has a lovely little kick to it)

*I added 1/2 tsp of cinnamon

--I think I could have used a bit more chili in the recipe, either a powder or paste form.... just needs a little more of a kick.








6 comments:

ty and megs said...

oh yum! must. make. cookies. like, right now.

and i love the kilt! you like FAB, btw!!

Lizzie said...

oh awesome! i'm so glad you gave it a go! they look fantastic!!

JujuBean said...

Those look delish! And the pictures! The cookies look fabulous. Erin, Kara and Bri all got the cookie book for Christmas, I got the cupcake one. I think I'll need to borrow theirs and try this out! See you soon!

Melanie said...

Chili in chocolate...who would have thought?

Erin said...

Yummy! This just looks like heaven. And great pictures too!

Annalee said...

You know I NEEEEED that book. It'd be fun to cook your way through. We should!!