Friday, April 16, 2010

2+2 Blouse (finished)

Well, I've been excited to post about this blouse ever since I made it..... a year ago. Yeah I know, lazy.

Anyway, why am I so excited to post about this blouse? Mainly because it is a repurposed garment, and I just love the process and idea behind making something new out of something old or no longer useable. Enter this shirt which I've both loved and hated:


I was given this shirt as a "you just had a baby and you're too big still to wear normal sized clothing" gift, and so consequently I've never liked it (you mothers will understand this immediately). It could have been made by Coco Chanel herself and I still would have hated it. But I digress.....

I have always loved swiss dot, just not for an adult (at least not in this way). To me it's a very juvenile fabric and it's perfect for a sweet little girl. The only problem is, I always liked the wrong side better because of the fuzziness of it. Well here was my chance to use it the way I wanted to:








What do you think? I used a contrasting fabric for the trim and I just love the little pink buttons on the back. I so love this little shirt. I think I'm going to force Greta to wear it tomorrow!

*Oh, and I need to plug Oliver + S again because they are my new favorite kids pattern company, I have all of their patterns and have loved everything I have made from them. Check them out, they just released some great new patterns!

Specs

7 comments:

Kara said...

The dots are perfection. So glad you got to use them in such a fun way. I think I remember this shirt at Jill's shower. It was so adorbs!!!

Shanna said...

cute! Love the buttons on the back, they really make it pop.

Melanie said...

I am in love with this shirt. I am not sure if I could let Greta wear it though, especially with stain potential items in hand!

Erin said...

Oh this top is just perfection. LOVE it. Nice job.

Liz R. said...

very cute - way to go! love that top and those patterns too...

Lisa L. said...

Love it! Maybe I'll send you all my post baby clothes and you can make then in to something cute for me! Ok, it's a deal! :)

Becky said...

holy cow. i love this shirt she wears. i had no idea you made it. LOVE IT!