Sunday, April 25, 2010

Christmas Pajamas (finished) and Doll Pajamas (finished)

Yes, I'm late posting this one as well. It should be noted that I don't do well with deadlines...

At any rate, here they are in all their cute glory! I decided to make it simple by just making the bottoms and doing some simple corresponding applique on some ready made t-shirts. Turns out that was a smart idea. I lined Greta and Axel's with fleece to keep them extra warm in the winter, and since Gabe is always too hot, I left his unlined. The lining part was extra fun (sarcasm) especially because I have to be the perfectionist and make it so all of the seams are in the inside between the two fabrics. Which means I had to sew them separately. Yeah, because my 18 month old baby really cares. Oh well, its always good practice right??

That would be "baby doll" in matching pajamas


And what fun is it being a girl if your dolls can't wear matching pajamas with you to bed? Further more, what fun is having a girl if you can't make matching pajamas for your daughter's dolls? I'm so glad I have a girl... just the one.

Anyhoo-- doll clothes are surprisingly fun to make. I thought they'd be a pain because of the size, but they use an entirely different way of construction that makes it easier and faster to make. Plus, if you decide to ever make doll clothes, you'll be squinting your face and laughing every couple of minutes because everything is just so cute!!

**I'm not listing the specs because I can't remember what patterns I used, and besides, pajama bottom patterns are really easy to find. But if for some reason you are dying to know, email me and I'll go find the pattern for you...

3 comments:

Kara said...

Matching pajamas for a little girl and her doll are the cat's pajamas!

Erin said...

Adorable. And you know how much I love a good pajama pant.

Melanie said...

Love the matching jammies! They are so cute.