Tuesday, April 27, 2010

knitted booties (finished)

I love these. Unfortunately, my son doesn't. I should clarify: he loves them, he just would rather play with them than wear them. Truthfully, I probably shouldn't even have made them because I knew the ratio between the time put in and time worn would be severely lacking in the latter. But I couldn't resist for a couple of reasons:

1-- This is my last kid, and my last chance to make booties for one of my own
2-- I so much love this yarn and I happened to have the perfect amount left over from this project
3-- I have actually been wanting to make these since I learned how to knit eight years ago, but the pattern was in a book of my Mom's and neither of us could find it for years until recently. They have an adult version of this pattern as well, but the kid one is so much cuter.


And as impractical and as unworn as they are, aren't they just the cutest? So simple and zen-like I think. I don't know, to me they have that modern clean Japanese feel that I love so very much.

What do you think? Should I make the adult version for myself? I still have the book (enter sinister laugh here)...

Specs
Pattern: Simple Slippers found in Comforts of Home: Simple Knitted Accents by Erika Knight
Yarn: Rowan Denim in Nashville (don't be fooled by the darkness of the yarn, these are meant to be washed and to fade when washed)

5 comments:

Shanna said...

So cute! Sorry he didn't wear them much. Sounds like my crafts! You have been posting a bunch of projects lately- good job!

Kara said...

Definitely a Ali-sized version is in order! Very cute.

Erin said...

You are right, very zen. And very cute as well.

Melanie said...

Those are so cute! I could definitely see where little hands would rather pull them off and play with them. The little hands at my house would do the same thing.

Becky said...

do it! make the adult version!