Friday, April 23, 2010

A-line Skirt (finished)

Do you remember this Jacket? Here is the companion skirt. I had been wanting a denim skirt for Greta so that I could show off all of her cute and crazy leggings and tights, but I never found one that I liked. I'm really happy with this pattern, it has an adorable kick pleat in the back...


Just above those adorable legs is a flower motif that I added as a design element (I've been wanting to do more of that kind of thing to individualize my clothing). I attached it using embroidery thread and a stippling foot on my machine. Lots of fun by the way...


Kick pleat :)
I wanted to go for that store bought denim look so I used a contrasting gold thread.

The great thing about denim's casualness is that when Greta outgrows the length, I can let out the hem and sew along the raw edge and let it fray.

Specs


3 comments:

Melanie said...

Seeing that little hand on her hip, I can just picture Greta posing with all her sassiness!

Kara said...

So cute! The skirt paired with the stripey leggings is a killer combo.

Erin said...

Oh man, SO adorable! Love it.