Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Knit Applique Baby Blanket (finished)

I took inspiration from the Alabama Stitch Book to make this blanket for my dear friend Charee.

Check it out:

Charee picked the colors, I picked the circles because I love me some spots.

Close-up of the edges

The back side

I used both applique and reverse applique, both with raw edges, and I decided to include exposed knots

Actually, this was loads of fun to make, it all went down very fast.




Here it is all wrapped up ready for a sweet baby boy. I always try to include a tag which tells the new owner how to care for their handmade item

if you have a chance to pick up the Alabama Stitch Book, definitely do, it's very unique and inspirational.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

LOVE IT!!! Your talents never end my friend:)!

Erin said...

Beautiful Ali. You are one talented lady.

Melanie said...

That is so cute! You are just increasing my desire to learn how to applique. One of these days, right?

Lisa L. said...

So darling!

Becky said...

this is adorable. great work. and such a great idea to include a how-to care tag as a gift. good thinking.

Sarah said...

Ali.
That is absolutely beautiful.
Sarah