Monday, June 20, 2011

Knit Hopscotch Dress (finished)


This dress is another project from my swimwear & knits course. I love how it turned out! I made it from this interlock knit that is so very soft, you could use it for pajamas. This was very fun and fast to make, I definitely want to make this again.



Happily, the pattern offers different variations in length of sleeve and also a shirt variation. I could seriously make Greta a ton of different pieces using this pattern.





The one thing I struggle with is the twin needle hemming situation. The bobbin thread pulls too tight and it creates a bit of a ridge. I decided to try it with a looser bobbin tension (on my grey knit shirt), and I was able to eliminate the ridge for the most part, but at the expense of even stitch tension. Oh well.

Specs:

3 comments:

Erin said...

I think you should start giving lessons. Like to me. :) LOVE the dress.

Sarah said...

Ali,
You are sewing up a storm! It's awesome. They all look fantastic.

Becky said...

I love this dress!