Friday, June 17, 2011

Knit Shirt (finished)


This is one of the projects for my swimwear & knits course, I think it turned out well. Knits are both tricky and easy: easy because you just whip them through the serger, but tricky because you need to use a few secret tips to get it to look halfway decent (so it doesn't look homemade).

All in all I'm fairly happy with it, aside from a few fitting issues. I was being a bit lazy about fitting because I figured knits are forgiving (they are), and I was on a bit of a deadline and anxious to start my Father's Day gifts (forthcoming).

I do love sewing with knits though, I plan to do much more!

Specs:

4 comments:

Cynthia Griffith said...

Very cute shirt! I like it :D

Kara said...

Ok, this is getting ridiculous. You are not allowed to make anymore cute things. It makes the rest of us look bad.

Erin said...

Knits scare me to sew with but yours turned out beautifully. I am so impressed with the projects you finished through school. Really well done.

Becky said...

Okay, you are making some seriously great items. I love this type of neckline! Looks great!