Saturday, July 30, 2011

Crazy

Alright-- so the movers come on Monday to start packing us up for our move to California (did you know we are moving?) and I am still sewing.

I think this is the hardest part about moving for me-- the huge gap of time that I am unable to sew between packing it up and unpacking it and finding the time to start again. I'm really upset about it, and I think that's why I'm still sewing. Call it my little protest. Jon will not be happy when he comes home to an unclean unorganized sewing room, as that was my only job this morning, but I had to finish the skirt I had started a couple of weeks ago (and of course start another one really quickbecauseit'sknitandsewsupreallyfast). I mean what does he expect me to do, put it on hold?? Crazy talk.

Unfortunately I have plenty of things to show you all (the three of you who read my blog), but alas it will have to wait until I am settled in California. Also, I have plenty of good news about my design degree quest-- all forthcoming.

So stick with me, and wish me loads of luck for finishing this second skirt and cleaning my sewing room before Monday, and then I will see you all on the other side of this hideous move wherein all of my stuff gets handled by a perfect stranger in whom we put all of our faith to then deliver it to another state where I have to then find a new spot for it. It's all very invasive. I hate moving.

2 comments:

Erin said...

It is all starting to feel very real now. Crazy. Best of luck with the move and can't wait to see what you are up to and get up to in Cali. Love you!

ali said...

Love you too! I'm really going to miss you :)

I'm happy to report though that I finished both of my skirts!